The Estonian Jewish Museum is dedicated to the history of Estonian Jews from the 19th century to present days and shows their contribution to Estonian life. The Museum was opened on the 17th of December, 2008 and includes a permanent exhibition, library with reading room, digitalized archive on the Museum’s webpage and large archive containing a variety of original documents, photo and audio materials. The part of the Museum is the Memory Gallery commemorated Estonian Jews, victims of the Holocaust.
The Museum is located on the 3rd floor of the Estonian Jewish Community Center.
The creation of the Estonian Jewish Museum was spearheaded by Mr. Mark Rybak (1945-2018). For such important and significant contribution to the history of Estonian Jewry he was awarded with the Order of the White Star by the President of Estonia Mr. Toomas Hendrik Ilves in 2010.
The Estonian Jewish Museum in Facebook